How I Selected The 31...
There are definitely more than 31 individuals I know whom I consider to be creative and worth meeting. However, for this list, here are some characteristics of the people I included:
– they initiate conversations about culture and art
– they consolidate their best work; they don't make people sort through average work to find the good stuff
– they verbalize what they do in a way that is unique and specific
– they make it apparent that they want to connect with people; they interact, they provide easy links, they update, they celebrate their network
– they diversify mediums in their portfolio: videos, text, audio, pictures, descriptions, etc. They allow others to be engaged in more than one way
Yet, for many others, they didn't meet any of the criteria on this list. And to that end, I can only encourage my fellow creatives to do the following: allow yourself to be known. Join the conversation! Don't hide away all your work and expect to be miraculously discovered in secret. Allow your work to be celebrated by others who desire to do so. Let's share and dream together and let the world know what we're passionate about.
© Dyba Creative, 2016. All rights reserved.